Pursuant to the provision of Section 2(1)(a, b) of Act No. 488/2013 Coll. on Vignette and on amending certain acts as amended (hereinafter referred to as “Act No. 488/2013 Coll. on Vignette as amended” or the "Act“), the obligation of vignette payment for the use of specified sections of motorways and expressways marked by traffic signs (hereinafter referred to as "specified road sections") applies to:
- two-track motor vehicles or vehicle combinations up to 3.5 tonnes;
- two-track motor vehicles of M1 category regardless of the total maximum technically permissible weight;
- two-track vehicle combinations consisting of a motor vehicle of M1 or N1 category regardless of the maximum technically permissible weight of the vehicle combination.
(hereinafter jointly referred to as the “vehicles subject to vignette payment” or the “vehicles having the obligation of vignette payment”).
Pursuant to Section 4 of Act No. 488/2013 Coll. on Vignette as amended, in relation to vignette payment the vehicle/vehicle-combination driver and the vehicle/vehicle-combination operator have the following obligations:
- a vehicle or vehicle-combination driver is obliged to pay for the vignette before using the specified sections of motorways and expressways;
- a vehicle or vehicle-combination operator is obliged to ensure compliance with the obligation of vignette payment during the use of the specified sections of motorways and expressways.
For the purpose of vignette payment the driver of a vehicle/vehicle combination or the operator of a vehicle/ vehicle combination subject to vignette payment is obliged to provide to the System Operator (SkyToll) details of the vehicle and the vignette for the purpose of their registration in the central records of vignette payments. The exact list of these details is specified in the Customer Services section, subsection Records of Vehicles Subject to Vignette Payment.