Vignettes are non-transferable between vehicles and trailers. In the cases specified below, however, the customer (see the definition of the term “customer” in detail in the Vignettes section, subsection Glossary of terms) can ask for the registration data of a vehicle or trailer with a paid and valid vignette to be amended.
An amendment to data in the central records of vignette payments can be requested if there is a change in the registration number and/or the country of registration of that same vehicle/trailer; i.e., the vehicle/trailer or the type and validity of the paid vignette do not change. This amendment can be requested by the customer in the following cases:
- registration of a vehicle in the vehicle registry of the SR from another district or another country;
- replacement of licence plates with the registration number, which may occur in case of loss or theft of the licence plates with the registration number, in which case the license-plate number of a vehicle or a trailer changes.
The request for an amendment to the registration data of a vehicle/trailer in the central records of vignette payments can be submitted via the web portal www.eznamka.sk or through selected Points of Sale, the list of which is published in the Customer points section, subsection Selected Points of Sale.
For the purpose of changing the vehicle/trailer registration data, the customer is obliged to submit, in the case of an electronic form via the web portal, the relevant documents certifying the implementation of the replacement of the vehicle/trailer licence-plate number:
- a copy of the original Vehicle registration certificate, or a copy of the certificate of the insurance coverage of the liability for damage caused by operation of a motor vehicle (the so-called “white card”) issued for the original license plate number, or a copy of the insurance coverage contract issued for the original license plate number, or a copy of the technical/emission inspection certificate issued for the original license plate number;
- a copy of the new Vehicle registration certificate;
- a copy of “Confirmation of vignette payment, simplified invoice” or “Confirmation of vignette payment – invoice”.
The photocopy of the original and new document must always contain both the VIN (vehicle identification number) and vehicle license plate to allow for a unique and trouble-free identification of the vehicle, and the VIN number must be identical in both documents (because the vignette cannot be transferred between the vehicles or trailers).
The Service Provider (see definition of the term “Service Provider” in detail in the Vignettes section, subsection Glossary of terms), based on implemented amendments in the vignette payment records, shall issue a “Confirmation of data adjustment” to the customer.