As part of the Directive, the RTS (Regulatory Technical Standards) technical specification was issued to strengthen the level of security and reduce financial fraud. The key requirement is the so-called SCA (Strong Consumer Authentication), or implementation of strong authentication of remote payments, i.e. additional mandatory levels of authentication during the online transaction to authenticate the user.
The payment card transactions through the eznamka.sk web portal are most commonly declined or pending for reasons on behalf of the customer or card issuer, in particular the combinations of settings and browser configurations and/or improper verification of payment when using the payment gateway.
For a successful execution of payment card transactions through the payment gateway, please make sure that:
- Your payment card has online payments allowed,
- You have sufficient funds on your account/card and the limits set for the payment card have not been exceeded,
- Your card is not expired (expiration date can be found on the payment card),
- Your card type is supported,
- Steps are taken as recommended by your home bank.
If your bank requires and uses additional security verification of payments, please check the correctness of the code you’ve entered (e.g. 3D secure) or the status of payment verification in the banking application.
As for the configuration of the web browser and its extensions, we recommend the following when making a vignette payment:
- Do not use Internet Explorer,
- Do not use ad blocking extensions (add-on modules/addons) (AdBlock, etc.),
- Do not use extensions (add-on modules/addons) that handle cookies and temporary files in the web browser,
- Do not use the "Back" button in your web browser but rather the controls displayed on the webpage,
- Do not use the web browser in Incognito/Private/InPrivate mode,
- After the payment is made and the transaction is processed, do not close the payment gateway browser tab and wait for the redirect back to eznamka.sk where the payment process is completed and confirmation of vignette payment is shown,
- Complete the payment as soon as possible, in ideal circumstances within 3 minutes given the limitations of the banking interfaces and applications.
The electronic vignette payment process can be considered successful and complete once the "Confirmation of Vignette Payment" is shown in the electronic system of vignette collection and records.
If you are unsure about the success of your payment, you can check the existence of your vignette and verify the period of its validity via the „Electronic vignette validity check”, function on the website, through the eznamka mobile application, or by calling the Customer Service Line.